[mythtv-users] Myth Remote Control

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 08:37:57 UTC 2006

On 13/02/06, Adam Skinner <kingmoffa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have bought myself a Sky Commander / Navigator remote control for use with
> mythtv.
>
> Please could anyone with any experience of these pls post some config files
> for lirc , and any other useful info.

Having set one of these up, you may find that you need to record your
own lircd.conf file, as some floating around on the net do not seem to
work completely with all remotes. Try with the  online configs at
lirc.org, and see if you get it working that way first.

The remote uses RC6 signalling, which means it will not normally work
with the receiver plugged in to a Hauppauge card (they use RC5) It is
possible to set the remote to use standard Sky codes, but I'm not sure
whether these are also RC6 based or not.

I use mine with a standard serial receiver and it works fine (A couple
of buttons on the keyboard don't seem to work consistently, but I
don't use them frequently so it's not a real problem.

Nick