[mythtv-users] mythweb upgrade woes

Nathan Caldwell saintdev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 08:52:28 UTC 2006

On 2/14/06, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> > With 0.18.1 the url http://server/mythweb/ redirected to
> > http://server/mythweb/program_listing.php
> >
> > Now I've upgraded, when I go to http://server/mythweb/ it still redirects to
> > program_listing.php. Even though there isn't one. If I go to
> > http://server/mythweb/mythweb.php, it works fine.
> >
> > Does anybody know what's causing the redirection?
>
> You probably have an old entry in the .htaccess file doing the
> forwarding, or an index.php file that your distro packager put in
> without realizing about the new version...  or maybe just an old bookmark?
>
> -Chris

1) Try clearing your browser cache.
2) If you're using Gentoo, I found I had to do the following to get
mythweb installed correctly. It seems that the ebuild attempts to
upgrade mythweb with webapp-config, but webapp-config can't do this,
so it just copies over what it can, leaving the old files intact.
# webapp-config -C -d /mythtv mythtv 0.19
# rm -rf /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythtv
# webapp-config -I -d /mythtv mythtv 0.19
3) edit your config/config.php and .htaccess again
4) if you didn't before, clear your browser cache now

This still didn't solve my REDIRECT_ problem, but now I at least have
a clean install.

-Nathan