[mythtv-users] Problems get thumbnails for mythburn

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Feb 14 12:23:07 UTC 2006

Around about 13/02/06 22:14, David Asher typed ...
> Most things are working, but the thumbnails are all coming out green
> from transcode.  Here's the really odd part, however: the transcode
> command run from an xterm works correctly!  It only fails when run from
> mythweb.  To try and rule out permission issues, I su'ed to the apache
> user (switched to bash from nologin) and ran the same command and it
> still worked!  It ONLY produces green thumbnails when run from mythweb.
> I've run out of ideas how to debug this.

   Ah, that's the last thing† I've got to look at on my system.  I assumed the
'green' icons where indicative of a basic failure as opposed to an incorrect
extraction.  Not looked at it yet, but glad to know I'm not alone!

   I got the same static greenies when trying to get animated thumbs.

† - not strictly true;  main 'main menu' seems to always be shorter than it
ought to be (sometimes loops after only a few seconds).

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature