[mythtv-users] HDTV video output

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 15:33:03 UTC 2006

On 2/14/06, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/14/06, Reuben Perelman <reub2000 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Jerry Rubinow wrote:

> > > Does it shake all the time (even in the console), or only when you're
> > > playing back video?  If only playing back video, what playback
> > > settings do you have configured in myth?
> > >

> > Actually, video playback in myth is just resulting in a black screen in
> > mythtv. Odd.
>
> It sounds like it could be a modeline problem in your xorg.conf.  I
> wouldn't worry about the black screen until you get the first thing
> fixed.  If you search around in the archives you can find some good
> links on making modelines.
>
> > > You probably want "v4l" in your modules section in any case.
> > >
> > > -Jerry

Sounds like a modeline problem. Look at the EDID information from your
TV (in your Xorg log) to create modelines similar to the ones given,
try using one of those. They may not be perfect, but they'll be close.
As well, remember that unless your TV accepts 1080p a modeline with a
resolution of 1920x1080 will need "Interlace" at the end, a modeline
of 1920x540 should be sent as progressive, the TV will convert the 540
to a 1080i.

--
Steve