[mythtv-users] Mythweb hacking

Gay Mort gmmyth at saplings.us
Tue Feb 14 18:19:50 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:

>On 02/14/2006 06:28 AM, Gay Mort wrote:
>

>>I have nuvexport setup so I can convert my NUV files to AVI files which
>>Microsoft Media Player can then recognize.
>>

>Why not use dsmyth filters?

Is this what your referring to? http://dsmyth.sourceforge.net/

 From a brief look at the scanty website(not that there is anything
wrong with few instructions) it looks like this is an app to install on
my windows box and then let it handle telling my viewing application how
to handle it.  And it appears slightly buggy.

For my own personal use, I'm fine with using VLC and loading NUV files
directly.

But for the kids, the whine factor if it freezes is not worth the time
to get it working.  Plus it doesn't answer the issue of getting the palm
pilot to read the files.

So all in all, I'm much better off converting to a format everything can
read natively.