[mythtv-users] HD-3000 and DVD device Permissions

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 20:36:11 UTC 2006

> A couple of presumably udev-related problems:
>
> The permissions on my /dev/dvb/adapter0 devices always come up  as
> root:root and 660. I changed them in /etc/udev/permissions.d/10-
> pchdtv.permissions but the system ignores the change, or perhaps does
> change them but then changes them back?

you try adding
SUBSYSTEM=="dvb",       GROUP="video"
to /etc/udev/permissions.rules?
then just add the video group to your mythtv user. this is how it
works in my Debian system.

> Is there some other place I should be changing the permissions that
> get assigned to the devices? I can change them easily enough after
> the fact but, as I said, it bugs me :-)
>
> A somewhat related matter, it is a 50/50 proposition as to which of
> my DVD drives is going to come up as /dev/dvd, the other being /dev/
> dvd1 (hdc and hdd really). I'm guessing it has to do with which drive
> happens to finish its initialization first, but it would be nice to
> have this be consistent :-)

just reference the actual device and ignore /dev/dvd, though I've
never seen them come up randomly like you describe.

--
Steve