[mythtv-users] Nebula DVB-T problem after kernel update

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.net
Tue Feb 14 20:45:43 UTC 2006

This is not Myth problem.. I hope someone can still help.

I had working Fedora Core 4 Myth installation with Nebula DVB-T card,
with kernel 2.6.14. I pretty much followed
<http://www.dtvforum.info/lofiversion/index.php/t13523.html> and got
Nebula card working nicely.

Then I (stupid me) upgraded kernel to 2.6.15 with yum and booted the
machine couple times with the new kernel. After that Nebula doesn't work
anymore, with either kernel. DVB devices are there, kernel modules seem
to be right, card is recognized at boot, no errors in dmesg etc. But
e.g. 'scan' or 'dvbstream' won't work anymore.

Can anyone give me a hint where to look? Does booting with new kernel
change devices, permissions, kernel modules or something else? Now that
I'm back using the previous kernel, should everything be like before the
upgrade (well, it isn't but anyway..)?

Thanks,
--
   Otto