[mythtv-users] firewire output to TV

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 22:15:39 UTC 2006

On 2/14/06, James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/14/06, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > 2.8Hgz P4 should be more than enough for 720p, should be enough for
> > > 1080i as well.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Steve
> >
> > I know, it's the most frustrating thing.  When I was running without
> > XvMC, CPU was maxing out.  I compiled with enable-proc-opts, I tried
> > running ratpoison instead of KDE, but when running 720p or 1080i, I'd
> > get stuttering periodically and top would report the CPU as maxed out.
> > Perhaps I should try wiping the machine and trying with a different
> > Linux distrib (FC4 is what's there now).
> >
> > -Jerry
> >

> Can someone point me in the direction of running with XvMC enabled and how
> to do it etc?  Thanks!
>
> Jim

Jim, you need:

-a video card that supports XvMC (NVIDIA)
-an NVIDIA driver that doesn't have broken XvMC support (generally
7676 is advised)
-myth compiled with --enable-xvmc
-the XvMC codec selected in the mythfrontend setup

Possibly other stuff I'm forgetting, but someone will probably chime in if so.

-Jerry