[mythtv-users] Sky One

Mike Richardson doctor at mcc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 15 21:24:08 UTC 2006

Ok,

I have mythtv setup with DVB cards (and a PVR 250) and I am really happy
with the way it works. Maybe in about 5 years time there will be commodity
kit with this level of functionality but I wouldn't bet on it.

Anyway the next phase of my plan to rid myself of VCRs is to be able to
record non-free channels, in particular Sky One (but Sci-Fi, Bravo,
Discovery and Sky Two would be nice). We have NTL cable and a couple of Pace
boxes but we use those to watch TV on and I like my Myth to be completely
unobtrusive (no plans to watch live TV through it) so no messing with IR
blasters.

I've looked at the DBOX2 but my impression is that is just isn't
reliable/stable enough yet.

I have a satellite dish on the wall but no satellite receiver or
subscription - it was there when we bought the house.

So, here is the question - what other options, if any, do I have to record
Sky One on Myth?

Thanks

Mike
--
Mike Richardson
Networks
Email: doctor at mcc.ac.uk
*Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival*