[mythtv-users] enabling console border/border image

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Wed Feb 15 21:54:15 UTC 2006

At one time I saw a distro that had the primary vt console in the center
of an image of a TV/monitor.  This would be great for me since I am
having such a problem with my overscan on vt[1-6].  I've searched for
framebuffer howtos but they all seem to be the same. If I want to do
anything other than alter modes like 0x314 (
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Framebuffer-HOWTO.html#ss5.3 ) I
don't know where to start.

Does this have something to do with graphical terminals used for the
console verses text-mode consoles?  I get the feeling that I'm a few
layers away from knowing enough to have an intelligent conversation.

Suggestions?

--
Thank you for your time,
--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--