[mythtv-users] MythWeb mysteriously stops talking to the backend

f-myth-users@media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Feb 16 01:49:57 UTC 2006

    Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:17:28 -0500 (EST)
    From: f-myth-users at media.mit.edu

    In 18.1:  Twice now in the span of 24 hours, mythweb has mysteriously
    stopped talking to the backend.  If I click on a link, my Firefox
    cursor spins for a few seconds, and then stops spinning, and nothing
    changes.  No error, no timeout, just a no-op.  Restarting the browser
    has no effect, but restarting the backend fixed it---the first time.
    Restarting it just now didn't, however, and since the backend is about
    to start recording something, I can't try, say, rebooting the entire
    machine for a while.

    I have verbose logging turn on for the backend, but I don't really
    know whether I should be searching for any string in particular, and
    perusing its output doesn't seem to have anything jump out at me.

    Mythfrontend (on a different machine from the backend) has no
    problems.  It's just mythweb (and my browser is on yet a third
    machine that has no trouble talking to anything else).

    Suggestions?  Things to look for?  Something to try later in the day
    when I can restart/reboot the backend?

I just restarted the backend.  Mythweb won't get data from it at all.
The frontend still has no problems.  From a random machine (the
frontend one, in this case), "wget -d http://mb/mythweb/program_listing.php"
causes wget to say "HTTP request sent, awaiting response... No data received."
as many times as I let it retry until I kill it.  All links seem
to return the same null data.

Mythweb was working just fine until a day or so ago.  I haven't
changed anything about the machine configuration; I hadn't even booted
it or even restarted the backend until I noticed this problem crop up.
The disks are not full.  I've restarted my browser numerous times.  I
have no idea where (if any) there might be debugging information logged.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get this debugged?