[mythtv-users] Live TV Buffer Location with 0.19

Randall Blecher randallb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 02:10:20 UTC 2006

With 0.18 I had my MythTV frontend/slave-backend set up to use the local
hard drive for caching Live TV and a remote NFS mount for storing recorded
programs.  With 0.19, the settings no longer has a place to define a
location for the live tv buffer.  Instead, it simply uses the same location
(in my case the NFS mount).  This wouldn't be so bad, except that it causes
a lot of buffer underruns and skipping due to network latency.

I checked the database, and the setting LiveBufferDir is still set to the
same local directory, but I guess Mythtv ignores this setting now.  Anyone
know how I can get Live TV to record locally like it did before?

Thanks,

Randall