[mythtv-users] 0.19 and live TV sound not working with MP3 encoder

Philip Gladstone philip at gladstonefamily.net
Thu Feb 16 03:39:43 UTC 2006

I'm a new mythtv person and I had had problems with sound in 0.18.1 for
live tv. I upgraded to 0.19 to see if was better. Here is what I found:

If the profile for live tv has MP3 at 32000 hZ, then I get no audio (or
just some faint clicks/buzz). If the profile is uncompressed at 32000Hz,
then I get audio just fine.

If the profile for recording TV is MP3 at 32000Hz, then I get no audio
when playing the file, *but* if I transfer the .nuv file to a windows
box, the audio portion plays correctly with mplayer. This would seem to
indicate that the issue is on the playback side.

I'm running lame-3.96.1

Any ideas?

Philip