[mythtv-users] AVI to MPEG for MVPMC

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 16 08:09:57 UTC 2006

On Feb 15, 2006, at 10:34 PM, Mudit Wahal wrote:

> I thought ffmpegX runs only on Mac ? Is it available on linux also ?

Unfortunately you are correct, it's a Mac-only app at this time. Just
thought I'd tell you what I'm using and point out that the underlying
programs have the ability to make the transition. Theoretically you
could use PearPC to run it, but I don't advise that :-)

Avidemux2 is probably your best bet if you need a Linux GUI, but it
would be a multi-step process.