[mythtv-users] 0.19 playback halts during LiveTV at end of show

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Feb 17 03:59:57 UTC 2006

> I'm a me too on this issue.  My main mythbox is a backend and frontend out
> in the living room, and that computer does NOT have the problem.  In the
> other room, I have just a frontend only machine, and on that computer it
> gags at the end of show times every time.  So in my experience at least,
> it
> seems to just be on remote frontends?
>

> On 2/15/06, Mike <stuff at dustsmoke.com> wrote:
>>
>> Mike wrote:

>> > Try turning on xv control. I just got past the end of my first show
>> > after I enabled that option. Had the same problem you were
>> experiencing
>> > with it off.
>> >
>> > -Mike
>> Well, scratch that... Spoke too soon. After the next 1 hr show finished
>> it froze up again.
>>
>> -Mike

Has anyone opened up a Trac ticket for this? Just had a scan and I can't
find one that matches (several crash but not a frozen display). If one is
opened then we can all attach our logs to it :-)

I'm finding that a diskless combined be/fe freezes and so does another fe.
Being diskless though, the combined box is sort of doing remote access -
at least there is a lot of network activity involved!!

--
Robin Gilks