[mythtv-users] Mythtv -problem

alastair horne althepcman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:53:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am running Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
I have a probelm with mythtv 0.18 and 0.19.
I have a Hauppage PVR 250 MCE
Before I installed mythtv I used mplayer to play what was on tv and I would
use ivtv-tune to set the channel. By doin the following commands:
ivtv-tune -taustralia -c40 -d/dev/video0
mplayer -vo xv /dev/video0
This worked fine. So the drivers are working fine.
But when I install mythtv I can only see static no mater what channel I set
it on.
I have run a mythfilldatabase and mythbackend is running.
And I do setup mythtv For the follwoing:

New capture card-->
  Card type: MPEG-2 Encoder card (PVR-250, PVR 350)
  Video device: /dev/video0
 Default input: Tuner0

New video source-->
  Video source name: PVR-250
  XMLTV listings grabber:tv_grab_au
frequency Australia

Tuner0-->
 set video source to PVR-250

I The following:
mythfilldatabase
mythbackend &
mythfrontend

I try watchign TV but I only get static.

I can't even watch tv with mplyer even if mythtv is not running

After unistalling mythtv and doing a reboot, I can use mplayer to watch TV.
I can try installing mythtv 0.19 from source to see if that works, Should I
do this?

--
Regards Alastair