[mythtv-users] What email client are you using?

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 19:02:53 UTC 2006

I use gmail, and when I am following a thread or want to look for a thread I
was active in.. I use the mail search for the first part of my email
witmore1 and it brings up all my threads.. it doesnt show my replies as new
until someone else replies to it. I have IVTV, LIRC, and MYTHV with incoming
label filters so each list comes in labeled as a different source so I can
look at each list separately.. and with 2.7 gigs of storage and growing I
never run out of space ( I have been a member of the list for a little over
a year now, and I am at 398mb for all 3 lists,

On 2/17/06, Adam Bodnar <ambodnar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know how others handle their mail in Gmail.
>
> But what I typically do is add a star to any thread I'm interested in
> or replied to(this isn't automatic). Then I may keep it in my inbox or
> I'll archive it and then if there is a response to it, Gmail moves it
> back in to the inbox. The sort order is by date:time newest being on
> top. I'm not sure if there is a different sort order available  as I
> haven't been able to find it.
>
> All unread messages have bold subjects.
>
> The threading is excellent cause you only have one entry in the inbox
> for a thread.
>
> The archive feature that Gmail offers makes it nice to have your own
> personal mailing list archive to search thru.
>
> If you'd like, I can invite you so you can test it out.
>
> On 2/17/06, Richard Bronosky <mythtv at bronosky.com> wrote:
> >  Adam Bodnar wrote:
> >  I use Gmail and just mark any article I'm interested in with a star.
> >
> > It does excellent threading.
> >
> > On 2/17/06, Richard Bronosky <mythtv at bronosky.com> wrote:
> >

> >  I'm really going crazy trying to keep up with my MythTV & IVTV lists.
> > I'm using Thunderbird, and have setup a virtual folder to search for
> > bronosky in the entire message. This works most of the time to help me
> > keep up with messages directed toward me. However I've ran into
> > problems where a persons mail client strips out all headers from the
> > reply that had bronosky in it, and they don't leave the original message
> > in the reply. So I never see it.
> >
> > Thunderbird has a menu option: "View>Threads>Watched Threads with
> > Unread" but doesn't seem to have a way to mark an email thread as read,
> > so...
> >
> > I would love to find a plugin or extension, or an entirely new client
> > that would allow me to sort a folder "by threads marked as watched, then
> > by threads to which I have replied, then by date"
> >
> > So, what are you using?
> >
> > --
> > Thank you for your time,
> > --==<< R i c h a r d B r o n o s k y >>==--

> > I may have missed the answer there, in which case, please point out the
> > article to me, but don't say "check forum X."
> >
> > Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet
> > products. Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer &
> Outlook/Outlook
> > Express.

> >  I rent a server where I host bronosky.com and my email is there.  I
> have
> > access to NeoMail, Horde, and SquirrelMail for webmail.  I use Horde
> when I
> > must, but try to avoid webmail.
> >
> >  I'm curious though, what about GMail's threading is excellent?  Does it
> do
> > what I've asked?  (Make it clear when there is activity on thread to
> with
> > you have started, replied, or chosen to watch.  Ideally putting them at
> the
> > top of the sort order.)
> [...]

-
I have GMAIL Invites Mail me directly for one