[mythtv-users] What email client are you using?

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Fri Feb 17 19:47:36 UTC 2006

Virtual folders?  or the watch thread thing?  If you have got a watch
thread thing working, HOW?

Kerry Wilson wrote:
> Great! I had no idea you could do this in Thunderbird.  Now I can't
> see how I lived without it!
>
> Kerry
>
> Brad Fuller wrote:
>> Richard Bronosky wrote:
>>
>>> I'm really going crazy trying to keep up with my MythTV & IVTV
>>> lists. I'm using Thunderbird, and have setup a virtual folder to
>>> search for
>>> bronosky in the entire message.  This works most of the time to help me
>>> keep up with messages directed toward me.  However I've ran into
>>> problems where a persons mail client strips out all headers from the
>>> reply that had bronosky in it, and they don't leave the original
>>> message
>>> in the reply.  So I never see it.
>>>
>>> Thunderbird has a menu option: "View>Threads>Watched Threads with
>>> Unread" but doesn't seem to have a way to mark an email thread as read,
>>> so...
>>>
>> You can mark a thread read by selecting the thread, right-click and
>> selecting Mark>>Thread As Read
>>
>>> I would love to find a plugin or extension, or an entirely new client
>>> that would allow me to sort a folder "by threads marked as watched,
>>> then
>>> by threads to which I have replied, then by date"
>>>
>>> So, what are you using?

Thank you for your time,
--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

I may have missed the answer there, in which case, please point out the article to me, but don't say "check forum X."

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.