[mythtv-users] DVD playback

Thomas Baker thomas.baker at villanova.edu
Fri Feb 17 22:32:34 UTC 2006

Hello,

I think someone has posted this problem before, but I did not see a
solution.  When playing DVD's (in either mythtv or with a standalone
player such as mplayer or xine) the DVD will play but then suddenly cut
out at some point in the middle.  The only error message in mythfrontend
is just the it's an end of file and it is exiting.  When using Xine, it
says "The source cannot be read.  Maybe you don't have enough rights for
this, or source doesn't contain data (e.g: not disk in drive). (Error
reading NAV packet.)"  Some discs get farther than others but usually
each disc has the same cutoff point. I have libdvdread and libdvdcss
installed via yum.  Please help, my roomates are growing angry because
they can't watch DVD's and I may be replaced with a roommate that is
more M$ friendly.

-Tom