[mythtv-users] Need help installing MythTV?

Andrew Lynch lynchaj at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 23:59:14 UTC 2006

--- Joe Marcom <jmarcom at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Andrew Lynch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are you having problems installing MythTV? Have
> you
> > tried and just cannot get it to work properly?
> >
> snip
>     Man, have you asked the right person!  I have
> been trying to get
> MythTV in some form working since I got a pcHDTV
> 2000 over a year ago.
> Knoppmyth won't even install, and I have yet to see
> a video in SuSE or
> Mandrake/Mandriva.  Currently replacing the Asus
> mobo with an Epox
> Athlon 64, and would be happy to serve as a guinea
> pig.

Joe,
Have you ever tried Debian?  Getting a stable OS that
supports all of your hardware is the first step.  Lets
start there.

I assume you have a PC with a blank hard drive or at
least an empty partition we can use, right?

I recommend starting with the Debian Stable netinst CD
and working from there.

http://www.us.debian.org/CD/netinst/

You may want to print out the instructions on AMICUS.

http://amicus.sourceforge.net

OK?

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch