[mythtv-users] What email client are you using?

Matt Hannan mythtvlist at cox.net
Sat Feb 18 02:06:31 UTC 2006

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> Richard: I've quoted your entire reply here, so that you can see how it
> appears to someone reading the mailing list in a text-based email
> program.  Hopefully, you will be able to see how disjointed it is, for
> all the reasons noted previously.
> In that message, you've got things in at least 3 different
> chronological orders, and maybe 4.  I lost track.  You can ignore the
> linky stuff at the bottom; that's just how Lynx renders HTML for Mutt.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

Look. I agree with the top-posting v. bottom-posting tips, but you have
to realize
 that probably more than 95% of the people running MythTV have both the
backend
and the frontend running on the same machine. What does that mean?
They are not surfing in Lynx. Hopefully, they are using Firefox.

It is 2006, man. Not 1976. If you are going to start playing the "gotta
send in text format
because my mail reader is ELM" hand, you need to look at your own usage.
If you are SO protective of your server that
you will not even run a GUI on it, then you probably should not be
surfing/emailing
on it, especially to a MULTIMEDIACENTRIC (think I just made up a word)
mailing
list like MythTV-Users.

Not looking for a flame fest here. Just expressing MHO on the matter.

To answer the question: Thunderbird.

Matt