[mythtv-users] Various MythWeb nits and gripes---can I fix these somehow?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sat Feb 18 05:54:37 UTC 2006

Re showing in-progress recordings on the Scheduled Recordings page:

I just though of a better way to make the point:

(a) The TiVo is widely considered to have a good UI, and no doubt its
    UI benefitted a lot from user testing.  Its "To Do List" display
    keeps in-progress recordings right at the top, and colors them
    differently.  Recordings that have yet to begin are directly
    underneath.  It doesn't move anything out of To Do until it has
    -finished- recording.
(b) Mythweb's current behavior isn't even consistent with mythfrontend!
    Mythfrontend's Scheduled Recordings page -does- keep in-progress
    recordings in the list (again, colored differently) until they're
    completely done (even if you -suspend- them, they stay -in the
    list- until their end time has passed).  This makes it abundantly
    clear what's going on, and what's about to be going on.

If you believe that TiVo got it wrong in their UI (and I don't
believe they got it wrong), then why does mythfrontend do the
same thing as the TiVo?

And if you believe that either TiVo or mythfrontend got it right, then
it's certainly peculiar that mythfrontend and mythweb disagree about
the meaning of "Scheduled Recordings".