[mythtv-users] Odd problem on Mythweb 0.19 as compared to previous versions (ie 0.18-1)

Michael Fox fox.michael at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 21:14:27 UTC 2006

On 2/19/06, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> mythweb .19 now lets the browser auto-assign the host to the cookie,
> which sold solve issues with people using ip's or non-fully qualified
> domain names to access their hosts.  Alternatively, if you have htauth
> turned on (I *highly* suggest using htdigest or htpasswd to secure your
> box), it stores the session info according to the logged-in username.

I am using htpasswd to secure it, and it appears the table you
mentioned below has just 1 entry relating to that user. Removed it
now, see what happens.

> All session info is stored in the database instead of the file system,
> so there should be no permissions issues, either.
>
> Basically, the session stuff should just work in .19.
>
> If it doesn't, check two things for comparisons:
>
> The URL for "What else is on at this time?" and "Back to the program
> listing".  Both of these should pass a time= variable with them, and if
> you clicked on the first show in the program list, they should be the
> same number.  If the "Back to the program listing" time field is blank,
> then your session info isn't being saved, and perhaps running "DELETE
> FROM mythweb_sessions" will fix things up (it will at least clear out
> all session info, in case something got corrupted).

This is the url of the page a few pages in on the guide data listing,

http://192.168.7.1/mythweb/tv/list?time=1140318000#anchor1

Now I will click a program and then set record stuff, and see what
link the back to guide data listing link gives me, from memory its not
NULL and the number is different.

ANd below is the url for "back to guide listing"

http://192.168.7.1/mythweb/tv/list?time=1140296400

As you can see the number is different, and when clicked takes me back
to the current time/day guide data listing.

So something is not working quite right.

A new entry in mythweb_sessions was created.