[mythtv-users] mythwelcome shows no screen

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:25:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

I tried mythwelcome and I love the idea. Now, for some reason, I
cannot start mythwelcome automatically. I run evilwm, and when I try
to start an xterm with ctrl-enter after the mythwelcome program has
started, I get nothing. Loggin in from a remote host via ssh confirms
that the program mythwelcome is running. How are you all starting this
thing?
My .xinitrc/.xsession contains the following:

# Merge X resources from ~/.Xdefaults
[ -f $HOME/.Xdefaults ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xdefaults

# Set the background and root cursor shape
xsetroot -solid \#400040
xsetroot -cursor_name top_left_arrow

# Start evilwm - snap to borders within 10 pixels
/usr/bin/evilwm -snap 6 -bw 0 &
#/usr/bin/evilwm  &

/usr/bin/xsetroot -solid black
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset s noblank &
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset s off &
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset -dpms &

#do some decoding
/usr/bin/dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=65k count=50

#[ -e /home/mythtv/.mythguilock ] || mythfrontend &
/usr/bin/mythwelcome &

irexec &

xhost +

          # Transfer control to xclock - killing xclock (with
Ctrl+Alt+Escape, say)
          # will exit our session
exec xclock -digital -padding 2 -g -0+0

What do I do to fix this?

/Fredrik

--
My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on
http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/