[mythtv-users] DVD playback

Thomas Baker thomas.baker at villanova.edu
Sun Feb 19 17:12:45 UTC 2006

Thanks for your replies.  Assuming it was possibly the DVD drive that is
either failing or is having trouble reading double layer discs (as
suggested by Brian Wood), I swapped in my brand new DVD writer.  In my
tests on another machine, it seemed to do a better job reading the discs
than my standard DVD-ROM, so I put it in my MythTV machine.
Unfortunately, I am getting the same errors as before.  In the command
line, I am also getting errors saying that it "cannot read to block
XXXXXX" and also "invalid IFO" errors.  The only difference between the
two machines was that my Myth machine is 64 bit while my test machine is
not.  Both are running FC4 as appropriate to their archs.

-Tom