[mythtv-users] No Audio from second Tuner

Desmond Sultana mythtv at rogers.com
Sun Feb 19 18:37:43 UTC 2006

Hi Thom,
       I had a similar problem with my system when I
added my PVR150 Card.  The problem was that the
MSP3400 module wasn't loading properly.  Check to see
if this failed to initialize by running the following
script:

#!/bin/sh

tac /var/log/messages |
sed -n '/=\ \ END INIT IVTV\ \ =/,/= START INIT IVTV
=/p;
    /= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
tac

Then Examine your output and see if it loads the
Module correctly.  If you see msp3400:  Failed to
Intialize or something similar to that then your
having the same problem as I did.  To fix this I
needed to add the following line to my modprobe.conf
file:

options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 tuner=39

Now when I added this to the modprobe.conf file I
thought it didn't work but it turns out the volume was
way down.  So you might need to check this.

I hope this helps your situation.