[mythtv-users] MythWeb-Help with My Recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 19 18:45:32 UTC 2006

On 02/19/2006 03:57 AM, Jack Trout wrote:
> I have tried a few ways of fixing this, since the upgrade to .19 I had
> an issue with 5 of my shows not having an Icon, and strings of errors
> in its place, previously to rebuild icons I have erased all the pngs
> in my recordings folder and rerunning mythweb well this only made
> icons for half of my recordings including ones that did have thumbnails..
>
> when I look at mythweb recordings the pattern seems to be after a
> certian point all recordings older than a certian date do not have
> recordings,
> I have about 124 recordings 43 have thumbnails the rest dont. the plus
> side is doing this, removed the errors, but the  thumbnails are nice
> for consistancy and ease of picking shows out
>
> can I manually run a command to scan my recordings directory and
> create thumbnails? or does this require an adjustment in the database?
> Any help would be appreciated

The only way you can force a thumbnail to be created by Myth is to
request the thumbnail (via mythfrontend or MythWeb).  (You could always
manually create them, but shouldn't need to.)  So, if displaying the
Recorded Programs page in MythWeb shows 81 recordings without thumbnails
(and they don't eventually appear--it takes time to generate them), you
have some problem preventing them from being created and should check
Myth's logs so you can fix the problem instead of fixing the symptom.

Mike