[mythtv-users] SB Live doesn't record audio properly?

Thomas Baker thomas.baker at villanova.edu
Mon Feb 20 04:41:51 UTC 2006

I'll include the full message that gave me all the info on this
solution.  Essentially there is a bug in ALSA where even though in the
mixer, both channels on the Line are set to capture, in reality, one
channel is set to capture Line and the other channel is set to capture
Mic.  There are some links included that documents the bug as well as a
detailed description of the solution.

I have found the solution to this problem. Apparently, this is a
bug in ALSA and is corrected in alsa-lib 1.0.11rc2. I have alsa 1.0.9
(shipped
with Suse 10), but could also fix the problem manually with
amixer cset iface=MIXER,name='Capture Source' 4,4
as described on the page
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=1658
See also
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-419490-highlight-tvtime.html?sid=3Df82=272705902547b836ee23b66418268which