[mythtv-users] Fast-Forward/Rewind Behavior Change in 0.19?

Doug Conyers doug.conyers at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:45:48 UTC 2006

Hello All -
  I'm trying to understand if I have made a mistake (configuration or
otherwise) in the upgrade process, or if the usability simply changed in
0.19.  When I run at 'Forward 3x', the screen shows the video running at 3x
normal speed.  Previously, when I switched to 5x, 10x, 20x, etc., the .18.1
version continued to show the recording 'fast-forwarding' (though I believe
it was just individual frames), but now that behavior is gone.  Is the
change the correct behavior, or have I changed/missed a configuration
setting that can get me this functionality back?  When watching shows such
as the Olympics, it's really nice to fast-forward at 20x speed in order to
hop over stuff like ice-dancing and get back to the more interesting
sports!  (no offense intended to you ice-dancers out there, but...)

thanks, doug.