[mythtv-users] MythWeb Thumbnails Broken, annoyances

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Mon Feb 20 07:36:49 UTC 2006

Hello. I've been running MythTV backend for a couple months now.
Since I've installed the system, MythWeb has been spewing back errors
at me when I load up the Recorded Programs page. The error is exactly
as follows:

Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 305:
copy(image_cache/1065_20060218163000_20060218190000.nuv.png): failed
to open stream: Permission denied

Now, it's not a critical thing, and I could care less about the
thumbnails actually being there, but having more than two of those
gets quite annoying, especially when I try to view it on a smaller
screen. I thought it might be the permissions of the files or the
directories, but I've set them to the same permissions I have set on
my webserver. The thumbnails exist, and they do contain legitimate
PNG data (MythTV plug-ins for XBMC confirm this). Any clue on how to
make these go away? I'm running KnoppMyth R5A30. I'd appreciate any
help, even if it is just disabling the thumbnails.

The reason it's called "Grape Nuts" is that it contains "dextrose",
which is also sometimes called "grape sugar", and also because "Grape
Nuts" is catchier, in terms of marketing, than "A Cross Between
Gerbil Food and Gravel", which is what it tastes like.
                 -- Dave Barry, "Tips for Writer's"