[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth, too good to be true?

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Feb 20 18:47:43 UTC 2006

Steve Dorsey wrote:

>I have a P4 3.4 GHz system on an Intel motherboard with an Nvidia
>6800 (256MB RAM) video card - PCIE. 1GB RAM, 3 SATA HDs, 2 IDE HDs,
>and 2 DVD burners. Onboard Intel Ethernet and sound.
>
>   Is this a good setup for KnoppMyth?

Knopp-myth will wipe out whatever install you have, and reformat your
drives to be what it thinks they should be....

In your case, you have lots of harddrives....

There is a semi-manual way of setting up knopp-myth, and if you don't
have anything vaulable on your present install, I would give it a go.

But if you have an installation or data you want to keep, then no,
knopp-myth is not a good choice, unless you have the ability to back up
whatever you want to keep.

--Yan