[mythtv-users] 0.19 Program Guide slowness...

Paul Harvey paul.l.harvey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:49:55 UTC 2006

After working out all the little changes between 0.18.1 and 0.19,
everything is working great except for the speed when trying to view
the Program Guide.  When I select it from the Mythfrontend, it takes
at least 30 seconds to display the content.

I do see some slowness from the Mythweb interface too, but it is much
faster than the frontend.  The two most obvious slow places are when
viewing the Recorded Programs list, and when viewing the Program
Guide.

I don't see any errors in the logs about problems, but it may be I'm
overlooking them too.

Any ideas what to look at, and what might need to be tweaked to
improve performance?

My system is a split BE/FE system, both running Gentoo, and MythTV is
installed using the mythtv-0.19 ebuild.  The BE is running the
2.6.14-gentoo-r5 kernel, the FE is running  2.6.11-gentoo-r11, both
have MySQL 4.0.25-r2 installed

TIA!

--
I have Gmail invites... Email me if you want one!