[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth, too good to be true?

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Feb 20 19:03:53 UTC 2006

Thomas Baker wrote:
> I've been having lots of problems setting up MythTV in FC4.  Problems
> that range from sound problems (finally solved!), DVD playback issues,
> picture quality, and LIRC.  I'm thinking that maybe I should have just
> used KnoppMyth from the beginning.  It claims that I can just enter a
> little info and press teh magic button and Presto! a fully working
> MythTV setup with fully functional Hauppage remote.  Is it really this
> easy or should I just try and work out the bugs in my FC4 setup?  From
> those who have setup KnoppMyth, how did it go and does it live up to the
> hype?
>
> -Tom

One more data point, I originally spent over a month hacking on Fedora
to get it working (and yes, I used Jarod's guide) but I just couldn't
get it to work right. I then found KnoppMyth and had the box up and
fully functioning in about an hour. I now have two backends and a
frontend, all running KnoppMyth.

That is not to say that I didn't have to tweak a few things, but it did
'just work' pretty much out of the box.

Tom