[mythtv-users] Using commflag list while it is still being generated

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Feb 20 21:43:15 UTC 2006

> Even if I tell mythtv to start commflagging at the start of the
> recording, the commflag list is only ready/available after the end of
> the recording.

It should already be doing this.  Can you run the frontend and backend
with the "-v network,commflag" command line option and email me the output?
When you start watching a recording the player should send out a
COMMFLAG_REQUEST event which the flagger receives.  The flagger should then
occasionally recompute the commercial skip list and send out a
COMMFLAG_UPDATE event which tells the player that new commercial flagging
information is present.

I'll try to reproduce on my own as well, but please email me the above
gzipped (or bzipped) logs.

--
Chris