[mythtv-users] Ever use VNC? I find it really useful.

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:48:05 UTC 2006

Todd Ignasiak wrote:
> In 0.19, a network service was added to MythTV, so a TCP network
> connection can be made to the MythTV system, and MythTV can be
> controlled over that session.    This can enable all kinds of cool
> remote control options and automation.    Based on the original
> poster's description, it sounds like this may be the direction he's
> looking.    Hopefully some apps will come along soon that take
> advantage of that network control capability..
>
> Combining the network control, and one of the new breed of WiFi
> enabled universal remotes could offer some great MythTV
> possibilities.   Or, it could turn a general purpose device, like the
> Nokia 770 web-pad, into a MythTV remote.
Or maybe bluetooth as well.  I'm sure you can do tcp over bluetooth, as
in the past I've seen a few bluetooth internet routers.  Although I
don't know if the garden variety $20 bluetooth usb adaptors are good for
network connections.  It would be great if they were, and someone made
it so that you could control your mythtv through a simple java app on a
bluetooth phone.  Probably just wishful thinking, but it would be sweet.
Raphael