[mythtv-users] No Audio After Recent Update

Jordack jordack at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 00:07:26 UTC 2006

So i have been putting off updating my systems ivtv
and kernel cause I heard it may cause problems.  So
today I decided to give it a try

This is a FC4 box did the whole 'yum update'  powered
it off and restarted, now LiveTV gets no audio.

Tried 'cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg'  I get
video but no sound.  Sound does play if I just play a
wav file or from a previous recording.  This system
has 2 PVR-250's same result on both cards.

One thing i noticed there is no msp3400.ko file
anywhere on my system.  I even tried to install ivtv
from source.  So im not sure if this file should even
exists.

This is a line in the /var/log/messages about 'Failed
to load module msp3400'  I tried to go through
previous logs but my system has been up for so ling I
can find no refence to msp3400 in any past logs.

When i compiled ivtv i did find find a mso3400.c and
msp3400.h but no .ko.

Then again I may be looking in the wrong place.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks
Jordack