[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth, too good to be true?

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Tue Feb 21 02:50:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:35:52 -0800, Jim Reith <reith at racores.com> wrote:

> then you can look at the various logs and play with the X
> configuration to see what isn't set up correctly. I know in the
> KnoppMyth forums there was some discussion on this but i didn't
> experience it (my tv came up correctly) but I do remember seeing it
> go by. i think at this point you've just got an X Configuration
> problem http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=BlackScreenAfterInstall

Yeah, I read that. I haven't quite figured out how to telnet in, not
knowing what the IP address is. I can probably work that out though.

> I'm assuming you hijacked this topic because you're seeing this in
> KnoppMyth?

Yes. But I like to think of it more as "drift" than "hijack".<s>

I was simply pointing out that if you use KnoppMyth and it doesn't work,
you're starting your Myth experience by diving into the problem area. If
you use a walkthrough to set it up yourself, you (sometimes) have an idea
of what's not working as you go. We sort of drifted into fixing my
specific problem which sort of compels me to try to fix it but that wasn't
my purpose. (I've been waaay too busy to mess with it.)