[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV out will not work with X

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:05:06 UTC 2006

On 20/02/06, Kurt Adair <kurt.adair at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
>  I can play a file using dd to /dev/video16 and it shows up on the tv but
> when I tried to changing xorg.conf via the mythtv howto at wilsonet.com
> nothing displays on the tv.  I get the following errors starting x:
>  (EE) IVTVDEV_TST(0)Framebuffer id from dev /dev/fb1is 1
>  (EE) IVTVDEV_TST(0)open /dev/video48 returned 8
>
>  (EE) IVTVDEV_TST(0)get_fb returned 0 fbid 1
>  I looked at a bug report with this error in it and it said something about
> a bug with SMP support.  I am using SMP on a quad proc (4 x 500) box so I
> can not disable hyperthreading as the bug report suggested.  Is there a
> better xorg.conf configuration that will work with SMP?

Can't give an answer on the SMP issue, but is the ivtv fb driver
talking to the correct framebuffer device? Check your xorg.conf file
and make sure the fb device the ivtvdev driver is configured to use is
the one that the module has actually attached to. Check your
dmesg/messages file for the ivtv output in case your video card's
driver has also created a framebuffer device.

Nick