[mythtv-users] Jarod's guide and FC5

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Feb 21 18:11:16 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 09:08, H P Ladds wrote:
> How'd FC #4 x86_64 go for you?

Just a heads up to all, I'm already running pre-FC5 releases on several boxes
of my own, and everything is working just peachy (including x86_64). Really
not much deviation from the FC4 doc, the only gotcha I've run into thus far
is some wackiness when mixing an FC5 master backend with an FC4 slave backend
-- it somehow tanked my db, though this isn't a huge surprise, since I was
mixing mysql 5 and mysql 4. Haven't isolated exactly what the problem is, but
I'd recommend against anyone else mixing FC4 and 5 systems for now. I'm
anticipating running FC5 on all my production Myth boxes by the time its
released.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com