[mythtv-users] IOBOUND errors over NFS - fixed

Darryl Ross spam at afoyi.com
Tue Feb 21 23:55:37 UTC 2006

Hey All,

I'm just posting this so that it'll end up in the archives in the hopes
that it might help someone else.

My setup is as follows:
 - SVN Trunk,
 - Fedora 4 on all machines,
 - Tuner-less master backend running on my file server (1.4Tb),
 - Slave backend with 3 Twinhan MiniTer DVB tuners,
 - Tuner-less combined frontend/backend.

I've been struggling for about a week trying to fix a problem I've been
having with getting IOBOUND errors on the tuner machine when either
recording or watching livetv.

After trying to chase down IRQ conflicts and all sorts of related
issues, the problem turned out to simply be that the e100 card on the
tuner machine was running in half-duplex mode.

So, to fix it:

ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

I was getting IOBOUND errors within seconds of starting a recording, and
 a two hour recording would end up being about 18Mb. After making that
change it is now up to 1.2Gb.

Hopefully this will help someone!

Regards
Darryl