[mythtv-users] XFS crash

Greg Oliver goliver at cistera.com
Wed Feb 22 01:44:21 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 17:28 -0800, yan seiner wrote:

> Sooo.... I run 2 large RAID-5 arrays, and a handful of RAID-1 and RAID-0
> arrays.  The system gets hammered by multiple rsyncs....  Could this
> fill an 8k stack?
>
> (And what do I google for to learn about this?)

I apologize - I had it backward after re-reading my post.  8k was
original standard and later versions are 4k sue to packet size versus
memory and ioctl boundaries.  I am sure you can google for linux 8k vs
4k and get some hits.  This was a transition from over 2 years ago that
broke a lot of protocols that needed the extra few bytes for header
(like PPPoE and non-standard MTUs).

-Greg