[mythtv-users] Jarod's guide and FC5

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Feb 22 04:49:56 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 11:18, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Michael Haan <michael.haan at gmail.com> says:
> > > How'd FC #4 x86_64 go for you?
> >
> > Not bad at all.
>
> This is interesting to hear given that my Pentium 4 3.0GHz has EMT64
> extensions. Michael or anyone else, can you comment on any performance
> improvements with Myth running in 64-bit mode?

I can't comment on running my own 64-bit box in 32-bit mode, since I've never
done it, but in 64-bit mode, my 3500 (2.2GHz) appears to be yawning during
HDTV playback much of the time, actually throttling back to 1GHz fairly
regularly (though there's often a hiccup when it has to throttle back up, so
if I were using it as an actual frontend, I think I'd want to disable
throttling, or at least tweak it somehow).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com