[mythtv-users] Using commflag list while it is still

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Wed Feb 22 06:54:44 UTC 2006

HI!

Chris Pinkham wrote:

> This appears to have been broken in SVN and should be fixed now with my commits
> earlier today.

Great! :-)

> When the flagger knows that someone is playing the recording being flagged, the
> flagger will regenerate the commercial skip list every 500 frames and if the
> skip list is different than it was the last time it was generated, the new list
> will be sent out via the COMMFLAG_UPDATE event to the frontend.

Sounds good.

>> Also, I noticed that commflagging starts only 19 minutes after recording
>> started (was scheduled with -10 minutes for begin). Isn't this kinda long?

[...]

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

>>> I'll try to reproduce on my own as well, but please email me the above
>>> gzipped (or bzipped) logs.
>> Email will be underway in a moment.
>
> Thanks, these helped diagnose and fix the problem.  It was especially nice
> that your servers are all synced to the same time so the logs were easy to
> follow.

Glad I could help.

BTW, I noticed that I have to restart mythbackend, if I change the
setting "start commflagging at beginning of the recording" in
mythtvsetup. I don't know, if that is supposed to be that way (but it's
not that bad either).

Thomas