[mythtv-users] Black screen stutter

Adam Greenbaum lists at refinitive.com
Wed Feb 22 17:04:49 UTC 2006

Hi, (This is a repost, I sent this mail on the 20th but it seems to have
got lost, apologies if anyone gets a dupe)

  I've had the following problem for about a year when using Myth. I
posted on a thread about 6 months ago but as far as I know there was no
fix at the time. Has anyone experienced the same and managed to resolve it?

Recordings and LiveTV experience stutter just prior to and during mostly
black or white screens. There was a theory that it was related to the
video bandwidth being too low for the timing at that point. There was
also a theory that it somehow related to the contrast setting, I
couldn't verify this.
I get the problem on:

- DVB
- AMD64 backend (gentoo)
- Remote frontend
- Local frontend
- With and without Deinterlacing
- both mpeg decoders
- nvidia closed source X driver using XV output
- version ~0.18 -> 0.19

Thanks in advance,

Adam.