[mythtv-users] Firewire recording: Every OTHER one works!

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Feb 22 19:05:05 UTC 2006

Drew Zerdecki <dzerdecki at gmail.com> says:
> Hello, I have never been able to get firewire recording with my
> SA3250 quite right.

[...]

> Anyway, I schedule several programs to b= e recorded on local
> network channels (none of which are 5C).  Every other o= ne works,
> while the others error with the "No Input in 15 seconds" message

Common complaint with FireWire, whether with the Scientific-Atlanta or
Motorola boxes. Of my two Motorola boxes one exhibits a similar
symptom. Check out what I wrote up at
<URL:http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/FireWire>, in particular the
script (for which I can't take credit); it's helped quite a bit.