[mythtv-users] Partly OT: Firewire changing Node ID

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 22:07:09 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, N Dugas <normdugas at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> I'm running Myth 0.18.1 on a Gentoo system.  I'm controlling a DCT6412.
>   Once running, it's stable.  If I have to reboot the box, I have to
> mess around with the firewire (unplug and replug, rmmod all 1394 related
> modules, then modprobe raw1394).  Once thing that I notice is that
> sometimes, the Node ID changes.  Sometimes, it'll be on Node 0,
> sometimes on Node 1.  If test-mpeg2 doesn't want to work with either,
> I'll do the dance until test-mpeg2 spits out it's thing.  Has anyone
> else seen this and have they found a way to prevent this from occuring?
>   Other info:
> Distro: Gentoo
> Kernel: 2.6.15
> libiec61883: 1.0.0
> IEEE 1394 hardware: nForce 2 (onboard Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo)
>
> I think this is the last niggle I have with Myth itself.  Once I've
> tackled this, I need to look into X for my Samsung 27" LCD HDTV and
> getting it to do 1280x768.

iirc the 6412 is the DVR, and I've noticed this about all the 6412's
I've connected to. If you can, you really want a 6200 (single tuner),
but some cable company's only have 6412's and in that case I don't
really know what you can do, maybe some other 6412 user has an answer,
but the best option is to get a 6200 from your cable company.

--
Steve