[mythtv-users] 0.19, Watch TV - This isn't good...........

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Thu Feb 23 00:44:25 UTC 2006

On Sun, February 19, 2006 17:25, Michael Haan wrote:

> Crap - I didn't want to rollback to 2.6.14!  Ok, so no one has a guide for
> upgrading alsa to 1.0.11-r? ?

I don't thibnk updating Alsa will help any with this.  I've run into it as
well and got the message from lots of different processes.

According to what googling I have done and this thread
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/174098#174098), this is
a kernel bug in the swap code.

FWIW, it didn't kill anything on my machine, but did cause a hell of a lot
of disk churning, so I moved back to 2.6.14.

Now if I can just get the damned alsa udev and hd3000 card working...

--
"Honey, the show is mooing... Why is the show mooing?"
"Now the kids are mooing at the TV..."