[mythtv-users] Blending/spanning two crt projectors using myth and nvidia nview

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Thu Feb 23 02:10:15 UTC 2006

On 22 Feb 2006 at 11:38, Chad wrote:

> So I asked about doing something like this over at the bigscreen
> forums.  One of the gurus there said that it's nearly impossible to
> get the 2 projectors to display exactly the same image (brightness
> differences, color differences, contrast differences, even with the
> identical projector).  You might be able to tweak it with a couple
> hours of tweak time, but after a few weeks it will be back off again
> due to slightly different lamp burning factors in each projector.

Nah. I think your guru is over-stating the problems, if they are decent
CRT PJs. The setup on my
Marquee CRT projector has not been touched in months... nearly a
year, in fact, and running a pair of them is not that uncommon.

> So, what do you people who have this setup think?  If this does
> happen, how bad is it?  And if you tweak it every time it seems off,
> how hard is it to tweak and how long does it take you?

Setup on some of the older CRT PJ's takes a while, and is not as
stable as mine. I can do a complete setup from scratch in about an
hour, and it will remain that way for months.

Marvin