[mythtv-users] Firewire recording: Every OTHER one works!

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 03:40:24 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> says:
> >  That script is being overwritten by whatever settings you have in
> > mythtv for that tuner.
>
> I know that mythbackend uses its own settings, of course, but in my
> experience the script is useful as a prescriptive (as opposed to
> descriptive, for all the English majors out there) measure in say,
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local to avoid the wandering-nodes issue. Its settings of
> course have to match mythtv-setup's and vice versa.
>
> > Do you have your Motorola boxes setup for broadcast instead of p2p?
>
> As mentioned in the Wiki page, I have one box set up as Broadcast and
> the other as Point-to-Point.

you should only need to use broadcast with the Motorola boxes. Set it
to broadcast, shutdown the myth box and the cable box, then turn both
back on, this should reset the bus, etc. This method should aleive any
missed recordings.

> > Are you using the new method in the 6200ch channel change program in
> > the contrib folder?
>
> I hadn't looked at the 6200ch script thinking that it's not been
> needed since 0.18 gained native 6200 support. Is the script now the
> preferred method for changing channels in 0.19?

There is a new channel change method in 6200ch that is not used by
mythbackend, it is in "testing" but works perfectly for me and at
least one other dev. If it turns out to be a good method for many
people it will make its way into the backend as an option eventually.
Its worthing giving a shot in trying to prevent missed channel
changes.

--
Steve