[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR 500 - sub-par playback quality (xorg.conf, bitrate in MythTV)

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu Feb 23 12:38:30 UTC 2006

HI!

Soeren Larsen wrote:

> My "problem" is that I believe I am experiencing sub-par playback
> quality on my system. If I compare watching the show directly from the
> TVs builtin tuner with the MythTV box, I would say that the latter is
> less smooth to watch.

This is what I use:
- renice X to -12 and mythfrontend to -2
- enable OpenGL VSync in program "nvidia-settings"
- enable OpenGL VSync in MythFrontend settings
- enable Video as Timebase in MythFrontend settings
- enable large AudioBuffer in MythFrontend settings
- enable Bob Deinterlacing in MythFrontend settings
- record with 7000/8000 bps

This looks pretty good on 800x600.

Thomas